Paris Opera Ballet Summer School 2023

HLH

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Sara_and_Lila said:

My daugher is 11, we are from Italy. I was thinking that maybe in Paris there are strikes, I heard something on TV, for pension reasons if I'm not mistaken... maybe the theatre is closed due to that... I hope... :) hope that this silent is not because the answer is a NO... 

We are from Belgium, but coming to Italy (Rome) to the ESB Summer school in July-August. 

I don't think it means a NO or YES. Just late I think? 

10 minutes ago, Sara_and_Lila said:

My daugher is 11, we are from Italy. I was thinking that maybe in Paris there are strikes, I heard something on TV, for pension reasons if I'm not mistaken... maybe the theatre is closed due to that... I hope... :) hope that this silent is not because the answer is a NO... 

uh yikes! That doesn’t reflect on the school very well. 

36 minutes ago, stardust1 said:

Last year and the year before, emails came out by 9am on the advertised day.  

That is correct - I do suspect it is due to the general strike yesterday and today - so maybe tomorrow?  All emails are sent at same time as there were yes, wait list and no in my DD school last year and all had same time.

Good luck everyone 🍀

Edited by Mum of unicorn dancer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

That is correct - I do suspect it is due to the general strike yesterday and today - so maybe tomorrow?  All emails are sent at same time as there were yes, wait list and no in my DD school last year and all had same time.

Good luck everyone 🍀

16 minutes ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

Our email arrived too. 

Just received results

1 minute ago, Ballerinamom said:

By the way, it said online they will send feedback on March 14.  Was just wondering from some of you what your experience was with the feedback? Is it relatively generic, or is there an effort to provide authentic feedback for the dancer? 

I have no idea as this was our first time applying. Curious to know the feedback!  

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Sara_and_Lila said:

Hi moms...just a quick question for the dancers admitted to 2023 Summer Intensive. Did you already receive info about scheduling, accommodation, and so on?

I only received the confirmation on 9th March and after the payment of the first rate... 

No news here either. But there were issues with their mailing system. Not everyone got the acceptance emails. So probably some delay because of that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sara_and_Lila said:

Hi moms...just a quick question for the dancers admitted to 2023 Summer Intensive. Did you already receive info about scheduling, accommodation, and so on?

I only received the confirmation on 9th March and after the payment of the first rate... 

It was little bit later in May/early June when info was received last year

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

Writing this message and hoping that there are others who still are waiting for the last instalment to be paid for the summer intensive at the Paris Opera. The deadline is tomorrow but I still haven't received any e-mail what regards the payment. I've telephoned last week and the lady said that it's gonna be sent the same day, but nothing arrived. I've tried to call all Friday but nobody answered. I'm bit concerned and hope that they do have some technical issues. Is there anyone here that are having same problems what regards the last payment?

3 hours ago, Pandora84 said:

Hello everyone,

Writing this message and hoping that there are others who still are waiting for the last instalment to be paid for the summer intensive at the Paris Opera. The deadline is tomorrow but I still haven't received any e-mail what regards the payment. I've telephoned last week and the lady said that it's gonna be sent the same day, but nothing arrived. I've tried to call all Friday but nobody answered. I'm bit concerned and hope that they do have some technical issues. Is there anyone here that are having same problems what regards the last payment?

I have same problem and tried to contact them too. Hopefully, we will get link soon.

17 hours ago, Pandora84 said:

oh ok, didn't know about the holidays, well at least they've could send an e-mail and let people know that they do have some issues + won't be able to be reached in these days. I don't know what to do, the deadline is today. I've tried to call this morning, but nobody is answering.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just watching the news about the awful rioting in Nanterre. 
Dd and I visited the Paris Opera Ballet School twice with YAGP. It’s right in the middle of Nanterre in the business district. I recall it being a very quiet area. Especially at the weekends. 
Stay safe those of you travelling there at this time x

• Like 1