NYCB at Sadler's Wells - 07-10 March 2024

16 minutes ago, Emeralds said:

KJ Takahashi , not DJ Takahashi  😉. He's brilliant! Saw him in Blake Works II.

I couldn't go in 2008 so I really want to see Megan Fairchild and Anthony Huxley. Will just be pleased to see the company really. 

If you liked KJ then ... You'll ADORE him now.

Megan and Anthony are good in Duo .... They have done it many times.   The special treat will be Indiana Woodward and Taylor Stanley ... They are making their debuts on Friday night ... and I know it will be magical.  I was lucky enough to see them working through it all in rehearsal in NYC.

Sadly I don't really think you'll be 'seeing the Company' .... You'll be seeing a sliver of it ... but that's better than none I guess ... and I know Alexa and Roman will be very good in Love Letter - and Taylor Stanley will be STUNNING AS ONLY THEY CAN BE IN THE ROLE THEY MESMERISED IN.  

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 1

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, PeterS said:

@Bruce Wall since, according to you London is getting a rubbish programme danced by the dregs of NYCB, I’m now wondering if it best that I return my tickets for a credit note and pick up another excellent performance of the Royal Ballet instead….

That's entirely up to you, Peter S. ..... You'll be missing Balanchine's Duo and Love Letter which has a goodly amount to recommend it.  it's a very different kettle of fish to the Royal.  Your call.  

Moreover I never said 'the dregs' of NYCB.  I wouldn't dare use that terminology.  How could you with such brilliant artists as Sara Mearns, Roman Mejia, Taylor Stanley, Indiana Woodward, Alexa Maxwell, Mira Nadon (even if in a bag), Emily Kikta (also bagged), Gilbert Bolden, etc.  .....  These are some of the finest dancers on earth.  Far from the idea of ANYONE's dregs.   

Far, FAR be it from me, @PeterS

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Thanks 1