Accademia Teatro alla Scala Summer Intensive

AdageKitty

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/03/2023 at 14:39, Neverdancedjustamum said:

I would be interested to learn about this too. I was informed by the school that the classes will be conducted in Italian (and French for the technical terms) but I wonder how students who only speak English can cope or whether this won’t be much of an issue.

I was wondering this too! We were also looking into it as a full time school. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kerfuffle said:

I was wondering this too! We were also looking into it as a full time school. 

The summer intensive will be in Italian so I reckon the full time programme will most likely be. DD doesn’t speak a word of Italian but the school assured me she would be fine - not sure if she feels the same way! 

4 hours ago, Neverdancedjustamum said:

The summer intensive will be in Italian so I reckon the full time programme will most likely be. DD doesn’t speak a word of Italian but the school assured me she would be fine - not sure if she feels the same way! 

What a wonderful experience for her though ! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/03/2023 at 18:27, Neverdancedjustamum said:

The full time programme is certainly in Italian and does not include a boarding option. 

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi, did you end up going last year? Would love to hear about it. 

If anyone has looked into the full time training option I would love to hear about that too. 

I'm also interested in hearing from people who did the summer course. Maybe my DD will do it next year. 

We looked into the full time training option for the current academic year but decided against it,(not because there is anything wrong with the course.) Happy to answer any specific questions about that if you have any. 

• Thanks 1

Yes please invisiblecircus! 
- how many hours/week and what’s the split between contemporary and ballet?

- housing?

- do they teach in Italian only?

- if this was for upper school, how do they do academics?

- how easy/hard would you say it is to get a place? Compared to John cranko, princesse Grace for example? 

Thanks in advance!