I'm catching up on videos of this soirée exceptionnelle which is a triple bill of Song of a Wayfarer, Vaslav and Études.

Preceded by a superduper grand défilé taking a leaf out of Dupond's own book. In 1990 he invited étoiles from the previous 40-odd years to participate in the season's défilé. Someone had the very bright idea of inviting former étoiles to join this défilé, homage to a one-off. The only étoiles of this century missing were Josua Hoffalt (no idea), Kader Belarbi (hem hem), Aurélie Dupont and Jérémie Bélingard (family issues according to her public Instagram), and Benjamin Pech (opening his La Bayadère in Rome).

I do not normally "approve" of audience-posted videos but the wonderful Emmanuel Thibault  posted a video on Instagram of the full 10+ minutes of the anciennes étoiles being introduced and taking their bows. 

Dominique Khalfouni must have been on stage with her two children for the first time since they were tiny tots! I hadn't realised she too was named étoile before having reached première danseuse, 28 years before her son Mathieu Ganio achieved the same distinction.

Edited by Sophoife
Removed a couple of words
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well that's what I had heard... but if I'm the only one saying so...and I'm always the last to know

Then best downgrade that to the Wishlist rather than News!

Could be a false lead - I  think prior visits were planned but then cancelled over the last difficult years.

Edited by DD Driver

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/02/2023 at 08:30, DD Driver said:

Well that's what I had heard... but if I'm the only one saying so...and I'm always the last to know

Then best downgrade that to the Wishlist rather than News!

Could be a false lead - I  think prior visits were planned but then cancelled over the last difficult years.

No, you were absolutely correct. Photos on AusBallet Instagram today.

• Like 2