Northern ballet school (NBS) accommodation

Skibidi

As per the title, I'm looking at accommodation for next year (second year). Currently in the very expensive New Medlock which has been overall fine with some horrific punctuations of shoddy workmanship, muck, chaos and disorganisation/ lack of communication etc. 

However, we cannot afford it for next year and wondering what everyone else is doing? 

Has anyone found a gem they're willing to share information? 

Thanks. 

P.S. DD is LOVING being at NBS and has found her spiritual home! 

I haven't seen the prices for '23-'24 yet but I don't suppose there will be a huge saving to be had elsewhere. From memory, Dwell was a touch cheaper, with smaller rooms, but not significantly. But you're right about Medlock having a pretty poor few months.

NB The non-ensuite rooms are a decent saving compared to ensuite in Medlock.

Glad your daughter is having a wonderful time at NBS - ditto with ours in Yr 2!

We just bit the bullet and booked Medlock again. Dwell is cheaper but the properties are quite tired and tight for space. Private renting probably very sensible but needs some proper research and searching (and I like the security of the student accommodation) - and of course the student accommodation providers know they're in the box seat so the prices are just rising and rising. So we got in at Medlock before they get too high. I didn't realise quite how hotel-like and ruthless their algorithms were: as more students book, the rooms automatically become pricier. The room in Medlock we were looking at went up £9 in one week - which is quite a lot on a 51-week contract.

1 hour ago, Dancers Dad said:

I didn't realise quite how hotel-like and ruthless their algorithms were: as more students book, the rooms automatically become pricier. The room in Medlock we were looking at went up £9 in one week - which is quite a lot on a 51-week contract.

That is shocking!  

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 07:39, Dancers Dad said:

We just bit the bullet and booked Medlock again. Dwell is cheaper but the properties are quite tired and tight for space. Private renting probably very sensible but needs some proper research and searching (and I like the security of the student accommodation) - and of course the student accommodation providers know they're in the box seat so the prices are just rising and rising. So we got in at Medlock before they get too high. I didn't realise quite how hotel-like and ruthless their algorithms were: as more students book, the rooms automatically become pricier. The room in Medlock we were looking at went up £9 in one week - which is quite a lot on a 51-week contract.

We secured within a unite property for second year during the early booking week on a 44-week contract and I’m so pleased we did Because as you say the prices have subsequently increased!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hairpinseverywhere said:

We secured within a unite property for second year during the early booking week on a 44-week contract and I’m so pleased we did Because as you say the prices have subsequently increased!

We did the same - booked one day, prices had increased the next!

• Like 2