Private, Semi-Private, small group coaching classes July/August/September 2022

SarahTonerSTSB

Hello Parents and Dancers.

Just a reminder that I have ballet coaching running all summer this year!

Classes are based in Highbury, North London; but can also be taken on zoom for anyone who can't get to London.

For information and fees please email me sarah@sarahtoner.co.uk or send me a direct message on Instagram sarahtoner45

I focus on confidence building; audition preparation; technique-technique-technique!! Artistry... Basically the whole banana... with humour and kindness!

Self promotion makes me nauseous 😂 But I hope this helps for you to get to know me a little.

I am a former dancer with Birmingham Royal Ballet, London City Ballet, The National Ballet of Portugal and a whole gamut of freelance work in between!

I love, love, love teaching and have over 35 years of teaching experience, 9 years teaching at Rambert School, and I have coached very many dancers; professional and students.

I don't post my students or their successes (apart from my daughter because she's family and she has always allowed me to use her for advertising my classes!)

it's the dancers hard work that gets them to where they deserve to be. I just deliver a good recipe to help them get there! However if it helps to know, my students are scattered throughout nearly every UK vocational school plus Companies all over the world 😉

I hope this helps but please feel free to message me, preferably by email or by DM on Instagram, with any questions!

Love Sarah xx

• Like 4

Sarah has been amazing for my dd throughout her journey at WL and now at ENBS and can only endorse her as a very, very  special teacher. Her exceptional teaching is matched by her wonderful sense of humour and her experience of the ballet world both at vocational level and in company - can’t sing praises too highly as she literally saved my dd sanity during her WL years . She also has marvellous sense of perspective about this industry - we consider ourselves very lucky to have found her ( through this forum many years ago!) 🤣

• Like 6

I haven't posted here for ages but just wanted to say how wonderful Sarah has been for our daughter. Not only is she a fantastic technical teacher, she is kind! And fun! She doesn't just focus on technique, but dancing...for fun. There is lots of improvisation where young dancers get to express themselves.... 😀. Sarah also really involves the dancers in giving feedback to one another. We really miss Sarah now my dd is at vocational school; and her guidance was invaluable as we prepared for auditions. She is such a positive and inspiring teacher...I just wish we lived closer! ❤️ 

• Like 6

Sarah is amazing she really helped my daughter prepare for her vocational school auditions, she also gave her lots of confidence and self belief.  I would totally recommend Sarah she’s a fantastic teacher and my daughter improved so much by attending her lessons.  Like Raquelle said I wish we lived closer too. 

• Like 3

I have recommended Sarah so many times on this forum and rightly so because she is a rare gem of a teacher in so many ways.

There is no one I rate higher than Sarah for helping students to achieve very high technical standards. Helping them to understand their issues and how to overcome them in a positive and encouraging environment. Sarah makes it her job to know the student personally and approaches teaching with warmth and humour. She is firm  but kind, and, most importantly, perseveres until there is improvement. She breaks components down to manageable levels and gives lots of support with complimentary exercises.

Sarah has helped so many students and vocational students over the years and from personal experience we are truly thankful for her dedication.

• Like 3

Thank you so much lovely people for your very kind words 😍

I couldn't have imagined being more passionate about anything other than my performing career; but I absolutely adore teaching; and it gives me so much pleasure to see dancers thrive (not just survive) in this profession!

I had some amazing teachers when I was training and also throughout my career; so I feel very honoured that I have learnt from some of the best!! And I have still have a fantastic mentor to check in with if I feel I could explain something better!

Just as you never stop learning as a performer, you definitely never stop learning as a teacher; we are all part of a truly fascinating profession! 

I am a very lucky lady to have had, and still have, so many fabulous students and also very supportive parents! You all make my day, every day!!

Thank you xxx

23 hours ago, valentina said:

I have recommended Sarah so many times on this forum and rightly so because she is a rare gem of a teacher in so many ways.

There is no one I rate higher than Sarah for helping students to achieve very high technical standards. Helping them to understand their issues and how to overcome them in a positive and encouraging environment. Sarah makes it her job to know the student personally and approaches teaching with warmth and humour. She is firm  but kind, and, most importantly, perseveres until there is improvement. She breaks components down to manageable levels and gives lots of support with complimentary exercises.

Sarah has helped so many students and vocational students over the years and from personal experience we are truly thankful for her dedication.

Thank you so much xxx