Elmhurst Summer School 2022

Cherry_Ballerina

11 hours ago, Dance*is*life said:

If anyone has a 14 year old accepted for seniors this summer, perhaps she would like to correspond with my student - WhatsApp or email?  It would be so nice for her to even sort of know someone there!   She's a lovely girl and her English is quite good. If anyone's interested, please send me a PM.

Hi, my DD loves to make new friends. I will message you her number for your student to get in touch 🙂 x

• Like 1

We had a yes for my 14 yr old DD off the wait list. However, we've turned it down due to accepting Kings and Central some time ago.  So hopefully another wait list senior will be happy by being offered the place  🙂

• 1 month later...

Anyone else with a dancer going to junior summer school? My daughter is going and it’s her first residential.  She is starting to get quite nervous, I thought it might help her if she knew someone else that was going?

3 hours ago, Elbows said:

Anyone else with a dancer going to junior summer school? My daughter is going and it’s her first residential.  She is starting to get quite nervous, I thought it might help her if she knew someone else that was going?

Yes my child is on the junior course and also did it last year too. Underatandable your dd is nervous but she will soon settle Im sure and really enjoy it! My child is so excites to go agaih this year 😚 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Tuliprose said:

Yes my child is on the junior course and also did it last year too. Underatandable your dd is nervous but she will soon settle Im sure and really enjoy it! My child is so excites to go agaih this year 😚 

My DD is also going this year. From my experience they tend to be kept so busy so don’t get much time to feel lonely. It’s also quite a short course too, she’ll probably feel like she’s just arrived when you turn up to collect her. I hope she has a fab time. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, TinyNEDancer said:

Can I just check with those who have children attending the Junior summer school… do you read the arrival time as between 2-4pm? Or have you been allocated a more specific arrival time? 

Thanks so much 😊

I read it as between 2-4pm. I assume it’s because people are coming from far away? We are aiming for 2pm but if the traffic is bad it could be more like 4pm! 

• Like 1

On 22/08/2022 at 11:12, Elbows said:

I read it as between 2-4pm. I assume it’s because people are coming from far away? We are aiming for 2pm but if the traffic is bad it could be more like 4pm! 

Did you get there ok and get your daughter dropped off, @Elbows? Have you heard from her and has she settled in ok? I hope so.