YDA Nutcracker

PrancingMum

I thought YDA were doing their Nutcracker this year but delayed until January but haven’t seen anything.  My DC went to a class in Pineapple over Christmas and was speaking to a few girls from YDA who were talking to her about it.  A colleague’s daughter is starting to develop an interest in ballet after dancing for a few years.  They had booked Nutcracker but between theatre cancellations and COVID in the family they missed out.  Does anyone know if it’s happening and how to get tickets, assuming they are not too late.

Edited by PrancingMum

3 hours ago, Dance.Mum said:

Too late to edit my previous post but what about Matthew Bourne’s Nutcracker.  I was thinking the run had finished but it’s still on until the 30th.  Would highly recommend it - great for families.

Thank you - I hadn't thought to suggest this as personally I wasn't interested in this production so it didn't come to mind.  Loved their other productions so may I should maybe give it a go. 

4 hours ago, Dance.Mum said:

I can’t answer the YDA question or suggest another Nutcracker but take a look at London Children’s Ballet.  They are doing a new production this year with Anne of Green Gables.  Rehearsals have just started so it’s not on until the end of May.  

I will also suggest LCB.  DC loved being part of LCB.  NYB will be Sadler's again this summer something else for later in the year.

If anyone can suggest anything else for a younger dancer (with a family on a limited budget) please let me know.  

If I recall this is organised through West London School of Dance with the YDA students dancing the main parts so maybe WLSD can help with tickets as its definitely taking place at the end the month according their social media but I can't see where or how to get tickets.  I know that are YDA parents on the Forum so hopefully someone will be able help you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/01/2022 at 08:31, Dance.Mum said:

Too late to edit my previous post but what about Matthew Bourne’s Nutcracker.  I was thinking the run had finished but it’s still on until the 30th.  Would highly recommend it - great for families.

Thank you again for the suggestion.  Despite my reservations I ended up going with them and thoroughly enjoyed it.