NYB Audition registration now open

Claire_NYB

NYB’s Residential Performance Company is back!

We are looking for dancers, aged between nine and eighteen, to join the 2022 company for a nine-day residential at Elmhurst Ballet School culminating in performances at The Crescent Theatre, Birmingham and Sadler’s Wells, London.

Audition dates:
Rambert School, London, Sunday 6th March 2022
The Place, London, Sunday 13th March 2022
MAC, Midlands Arts Centre, Birmingham, Sunday 20th March 2022

We understand that auditions can be an intimidating process for dancers, but they are also a key part of life as a professional dancer! To enhance dancers’ skills, our Moving Minds team will provide a short workshop before the audition to help each dancer perform to their full potential. These confidence-building skills will be useful for all future audition experiences. 

What the audition will involve: 

• 15-minute Moving Minds workshop focusing on handling nerves and being the best you can be! 
  • 90-minute ballet class with a professional teacher.

Full details and info on how to register at https://nationalyouthballet.org/take-part/residential-performance-company-2022-auditions/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I also worry about this - to do last summer when it was not residential surely limited the opportunity for many to attend last year based on geography/need for U18’s to stay with an adult (so might need a parent U.K. take time off work to stay in hotel etc)& therefore higher costs than usually associated with it when residential....

• Like 2

My daughter has also done this twice and had a break. One year because we were away and then the pandemic hit....she didn't fo last years non residential as it just wasn't feasible in terms of me or my H taking time off work to stay with her in a hotel. She would like to audition again but said most places will prob go to the non residential company from last year plus all the full time vocational students  who always get in