Adult classes to resume at Central School of Ballet

RuthE

I'd be interested to hear from anyone with experience of Raymond's classes at Intermediate level? I've only heard great things about him but never managed to try his class before lockdown (cannot remember if it was timetabling or the levels) and Thursday evenings actually work for me now.

Generally, I'm happy with intermediate plus dance vocab, and want more opportunity to practice esp. allegro steps which don't appear in the easier classes. However, many open classes have such fast combos that I struggle to keep up, let alone think about technique. 

Is there such thing as a slow(er) intermediate open class?!

I’ve taken his class when he was substituting for someone else - Nina Thilas-MOhs or Christina Mittelmaier, I think. So it wasn’t necessarily a tough Intermediate level. I loved it. He encourages you to spread your arms in second and take up space, and move. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Meetmeatthebarre said:

I'd be interested to hear from anyone with experience of Raymond's classes at Intermediate level? I've only heard great things about him but never managed to try his class before lockdown (cannot remember if it was timetabling or the levels) and Thursday evenings actually work for me now.

Generally, I'm happy with intermediate plus dance vocab, and want more opportunity to practice esp. allegro steps which don't appear in the easier classes. However, many open classes have such fast combos that I struggle to keep up, let alone think about technique. 

Is there such thing as a slow(er) intermediate open class?!

talking about  Saturday Inter class at Dance works  ... 

he seems quite responsive to  tweets  if you are on  twitter 

as   for bpace of Inter classes - I think some teachers can get a bit carried away  (  I know Denzil Bailey has said  as much at the end of  his 'inter' classes boefre )

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Meetmeatthebarre said:

Thanks Kate and NJH! What a lovely reply from him!

I must say, I LOVE the new Central studios. The first thing I noticed when walking in was just how perfect the floors are - not too sticky, not too slippery, not full of massive joins and dips like some others I've danced in...

I have a trip planned ot London next week and have   a  number of classes booked at  central  ( as well as others  booked  as Danceworks/ Pineapple /. Place/ Urdang-Finsbury) so will be able to  see  for myself 

Glad to hear about the nice floors at the new studios! The upstairs studio at City Lit where I have my regular Thursday class has just been refurbed and the floor is currently VERY resistant - I remember the same when I went for taster classes at the ENB studios when they first opened 2 years ago.

I don’t see myself getting back to Central for another couple of months as I’ve got too much on (and am currently doing 2 classes a week at City Lit as it is). But I’m looking forward to it.

• Like 2

On 27/09/2021 at 00:44, NJH said:

I have a trip planned ot London next week and have   a  number of classes booked at  central  ( as well as others  booked  as Danceworks/ Pineapple /. Place/ Urdang-Finsbury) so will be able to  see  for myself 

Denzil's class on Tuesday  (in the dungeons ! )  DPKs class on Wednesday  and Nina;s this afternoon ( back in the Dungeons )    were  all great, the  new Central is  fab...   

• Like 1