A day in the life of year 7 - timetable question

Pointeshoesarethedream

Hello

For those of you with children that have been in year 7 this year or recently, would you be able to give me an idea of a day in the life of?

With a daughter that will be auditioning this time round, I’m trying to find out as much as possible about each of the schools and one thing I’m struggling to find is example timetables. 

I have one for Elmhurst and I can see they do about 4 hours of dancing each day. 

Could anyone give me any insight into

* Moorland

* White Lodge

* Tring

* Hammond

Thank you 

3 hours ago, SJBallet said:

Hello

For those of you with children that have been in year 7 this year or recently, would you be able to give me an idea of a day in the life of?

With a daughter that will be auditioning this time round, I’m trying to find out as much as possible about each of the schools and one thing I’m struggling to find is example timetables. 

I have one for Elmhurst and I can see they do about 4 hours of dancing each day. 

Could anyone give me any insight into

* Moorland

* White Lodge

* Tring

* Hammond

Thank you 

Plus Elmhurst should also have RAD on a Saturday......though my Dd didn't this year because of covid restrictions and having the associates in the school at the same time :(

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Farawaydancer said:

Hammond is more variable. Some days they only have one hour of dance, others they have dance almost all day. There’s no set format to the days and every year group is different. 

Thank you @Farawaydancer that’s another one I can now add to the list of knowledge. 

I’m an information gatherer so anything I can find out is really helpful 👍

Just now, sunrise81 said:

Plus Elmhurst should also have RAD on a Saturday......though my Dd didn't this year because of covid restrictions and having the associates in the school at the same time :(

Thank you @sunrise81

That’s a shame. But good to hear under normal circumstances RAD is part of their week. That’s a big tick in the box too. 

• Like 1

Hello! We were in your position last year...what a rollercoaster! Dd off to elmhurst in Sept! We went on all the open days (all virtual so hard to really get a flavour of the schools). I was under the impression that all the schools seemed to do a similar amount of dance (around 4 hours daily as you say). We applied for the 4 doing mds although Moorland looks lovely and I know they do bursaries. YdA also seemed a lovely school with bursaries, however we live quite far and they don't have boarding houses so wasn't for us. Good luck with everything xxx 

• Like 1

Thank you @Raquelle  Good luck to your DD in Sept. 

Virtual sounds good even if you can’t get a good sense of the school itself. I think we’d struggle time wise to visit all 5, so starting off with the those at the top of the list and taking it from there. 

I think I saw that Tring still had their open day video on line so we will have a look at that. 

Tring lower school, so Years 7,8 and 9, have their dancing in the mornings and academics in the afternoon. Middle school, years 10 and 11, are the opposite and have a longer day.

Lower school start dancing at 8.30 and finish 12.15, Academics start around 1.15 (around that time) and finish at 4.45, they then have prep 5-6, then supper.  They also have RAD ballet and ISTD tap and modern classes on a Saturday but they don't start until year 8. 

Middle school start academics at 8.30, finish around 12.30 and dance 1.45-6.30 have supper and then prep 7-8.30. Also exam dance classes on a Saturday. Also in the run up to GCSE's they can have extra academic from 8. 

Edited to add they have ballet every day, sometimes double ballet. I think from memory my DS had almost all ballet 2 or 3 days a week. So would either have an extra long ballet class or normal ballet class and then boys have separate boys ballet whilst girls then had a separate class for pointe work.

Edited by Busymum
add ballet classes
  • Like 1