Supporting people in the Arts this Christmas

Jan McNulty

The Stage has a big feature about people from the theatre world who are using their creative talents to make unusual Christmas presents, sales of which will help support them during the Covid-19 pandemic.

https://www.thestage.co.uk/long-reads/christmas-gift-guide-presents-made-by-theatre-freelancers?fbclid=IwAR2yvxTXacXWmu0R88AnugPBc7Pgc6fv9HTG7hnArU2V1uYYB28v4IdNzQk

• Like 2

True.  I'm just thinking that if it's behind a paywall and people have already used up their monthly allocation then it's not really very helpful to the creatives in terms of generating sales.  Unless of course The Stage has a Twitter/Facebook etc. account where it can post the details.  Of course, probably most people who read The Stage assiduously will have a subscription anyway, but even so, it would surely be good to have the potential customer base as wide as possible.

1 minute ago, alison said:

True.  I'm just thinking that if it's behind a paywall and people have already used up their monthly allocation then it's not really very helpful to the creatives in terms of generating sales.  Unless of course The Stage has a Twitter/Facebook etc. account where it can post the details.  Of course, probably most people who read The Stage assiduously will have a subscription anyway, but even so, it would surely be good to have the potential customer base as wide as possible.

There is an Instagram account mentioned that is giving each business publicity. I had fun last night looking at lots of the Instagram accounts and what people were making/selling. There is an associated website. 

Notonthewestend.co.uk 

and Instagram is same name with links from each post to the seller. 

• Like 3