London Open Weekend

Guest oncnp

8 hours ago, Peony said:

Did you get to visit other areas not usually seen on the ROH tours?

it was a very short tour, a taster really. Each timeslot had 4 bubbles of up to 6 people who maintained social distancing from each other. There were 3 opera costumes to peruse  supervised by a  knowledgeable Thurrock archivist in the foyer whilst waiting for the tour to start. Then downstairs into the Linbury for a short video presentation on ROH. After we were led through the Kings room up onto the main stage. Verbal presentation/history of the building (my tour was David Pickering and Christina Arestis) Q&A and selfie moment. Out to ground floor coffee bar and shop. Smooth, efficient and safe. Well done to everyone involved with planning and execution.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, capybara said:

They had to do it, I know, but, in addition to the film, the group I was with was asked for donations 5 times, as well as being urged to spend in the shop.

The “give us money” message is difficult to deliver but maybe less would have been more?

I’ve no real problem with the multiple requests. All of us on BCF are aware of the need to support the Arts and, with our interest, the RB/ROH in particular. Many of us will already have sent donations to the RB and/or other Arts venues/companies. 

That said, 75% of my group (3) had never previously visited the ROH and may not have appreciated the multiplicity of funding requirements and the 'taster' tour may spark an interest to both watch and support the Arts.

• Like 4