I'm new to ballet in middle life. I don't know much about it and only have a few weeks of trying it out (Baroque dance is more my thing, but only have a few years experience). Anyway, someone pointed me to ENB's watch party of Broken Wings this week. I'd thought I'd give it a go but wasn't sure what to expect.

But wow, I mean WOW!. Moving, comic, sad and sometimes disturbing - completely blown away by it and want to watch it again. But can't! Just very cool and gets me to want to explore more.

• Like 2

I hadn't seen Broken Wings live but I watched the live-stream yesterday.

I thought it was incredibly imaginative.  I loved the colour and thought some of the movement was incredibly inventive.  It reminded me of just what a powerful stage presence Irek Mukhamedov has.

I can't wait to see Dust next week, which I have seen and absolutely loved.

• Like 2

• Jan McNulty changed the title to English National Ballet - Broken Wings (live stream)

Yes, I think some of the dance language used may have escaped me but there were plenty of moments for me that were arresting and spectacular. I loved how the dancing and music was able to hold different things together at the same time, nobility and frailty, joy and sadness, the mundane and the magical, comedy and pain. And looking forward to Dust.

• Like 2

Really interesting choreography and use of colours and costumes to depict her art.   Great concept.  And what sumptuous pas de deux’s for Tamara Rojo and Irek Mukhamedov.   Loved it.  

I would very much like to see the full-length ballet including this act, created for Dutch National Ballet 

https://www.operaballet.nl/en/ballet/2019-2020/show/frida

• Like 2

I was fortunate to see the Dutch premiere of Frida in February. I hadn't seen Broken Wings but loved Frida. Now having seen ENB's stream it was good to compare. I find myself preferring the Dutch version  but only because there is more time to develop the storyline. Dance wise there is little between them as it's the same choreographer. So if you want more see Frida. Either way both are great productions and I enjoyed them both immensely. 

• Like 4