ponklemum

My dd did Elmhurst Junior summer school last year and I re applied for this year. I received an email in the middle of March saying they’ll let us know if it’s going ahead at the end of May. To anyone else that has had this email,  will they also be offering the places out at the same time or does the email mean they have a place should the course go ahead? 

On 04/04/2020 at 13:49, ponklemum said:

My dd did Elmhurst Junior summer school last year and I re applied for this year. I received an email in the middle of March saying they’ll let us know if it’s going ahead at the end of May. To anyone else that has had this email,  will they also be offering the places out at the same time or does the email mean they have a place should the course go ahead? 

Hi

I didn't get an email about summer school at all... we applied quite late first week in March, wondering if I should have received an email now? 🤔

On 04/04/2020 at 20:03, margarite said:

I emailed to ask the same thing and was told that the selection process has not taken place yet. 

I imagine they are taking the same stance as the organisers of a big sports event that my son entered. We got an email apologising for the delay in selecting entrants but saying that they were waiting for further guidance as to whether the event would run. It has been cancelled so everyone who had applied just got the cancellation notification and they didn't processes anyone's entry fees. I presume that the admin time and cost was a great deal less doing that than it would have been if they had processed entries in the normal way and then had to inform succesful entrants and refund fees.

It is very frustrating but I suppose it must be a nightmare being an organiser of anything scheduled for the summer months at present.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 06/04/2020 at 14:15, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Hi

I didn't get an email about summer school at all... we applied quite late first week in March, wondering if I should have received an email now? 🤔

I applied late March and got a conformation email but that is all. The Summer School application is still open on their website.  I guess we will just have to wait until the end of May, which is when they are going to decide if it's going ahead and then if it does, that will be when they start the selection process 🙂 Fingers crossed

14 hours ago, Dancer20 said:

I applied late March and got a conformation email but that is all. The Summer School application is still open on their website.  I guess we will just have to wait until the end of May, which is when they are going to decide if it's going ahead and then if it does, that will be when they start the selection process 🙂 Fingers crossed

Thankyou... I didn't get a confirmation email either but I did ring and then said they had received her application, she's younger than 11 but they said still apply, so I think even if does go ahead then it's probably unlikely that she will be offered a place but got to be in it to win it lol 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...