English Youth Ballet - Cinderella in Hollywood

TinyNEDancer

14 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

Congratulations to your DD! So exciting.

Mine turns 10 a week after the show so they might be in the same group. I wonder how many of each age they take? Were there lots her age last time or are they mostly older? x

They normally take about 100 children, 50 age 11 plus and 50 under 11...then they put them into smaller groups and they each do 2/3 little dances. It was a lovely experience. She was only 8 last time so one of the youngest x 

Just now, Raquelle said:

They normally take about 100 children, 50 age 11 plus and 50 under 11...then they put them into smaller groups and they each do 2/3 little dances. It was a lovely experience. She was only 8 last time so one of the youngest x 

Congratulations to you too! X 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spamcat said:

My DD has never done EYB before but she has just got a place in Cinderella in Hollywood in Cardiff this August and I was wondering what to expect/what sort of part she might get and came across this thread which was interesting to read. My DD will be nearly 10 at time of show but she is on the smaller side.

@TinyNEDancer did your show get postponed in the end or have you done it?

Congratulations @Spamcat  and @Raquelle! My DS was due to to be in Cinderella in Hollywood in Darlington in 2020. We did about half the rehearsals and then everything went pear shaped 😬 But fingers crossed it will get its performance this coming May! DS did Nutcracker in Newcastle the previous year and both EYB experiences were fantastic! Rehearsals are long, but really useful. They do a ballet lesson, then rehearse the scenes your DC is in, plus there is usually a break at some point where they can eat and watch another group rehearsing. So exciting and they get to watch older children work - a bit like a masterclass! All the teachers are great too. Plus being on stage in a 'real' theatre was just amazing... your DCs will have a ball!

Edited by TwirlyWhirly
  • Like 1

You will find the amount of children selected depends on the size of the Theatre and how many audition and also the standard. One year my DD did it was at a local theatre and the part she wanted was on pointe so she was not quite ready for that roll but her friends auditioned for the same production but at another theatre  and got casted in the roll my DD wanted as the standard was not as strong and they took that roll of Pointe  if that makes sense and one audition I took my lad to only about 120 who auditioned junior and senior where another we’ve been in took 120 out of 300 +  

I echo though the teachers are lovely both my two continued to dance trough the first lockdown with some of the teachers my DD is nearly 21 and can’t wait for her brother to audition again just so she can go and say hi and help out 🤣

I am afraid to say if they like it it is very addictive for them 🤣  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed the acceptance forms (by reply email) to Miss Lewis and not heard anything back and now reading the form again I'm worried I was meant to post them to Kent office by Friday's deadline. Does anyone know if I should have posted them and would you normally get a confirmation of receipt?

@Raquelle where did you return yours to?

Thanks x

Edited by Spamcat
To tag someone

I’d pop it in the post and send Mids Lewis an email and just say sorry for the mix up, Miss Lewis is normally pretty quick on getting back to you but I know she’s now got another assistant by the look of things,  they normally have a few days leverage on deadlines in past experience 

• Like 1

@WrapsnBows thank you, I just decided to ring to explain the mix up and she said email was fine but she didn't think she had received it. She said she would certainly be in touch if she hadn't. Slightly confused after that call but I guess after paying the deposit and a call I needn't worry. 😄

49 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

@WrapsnBows thank you, I just decided to ring to explain the mix up and she said email was fine but she didn't think she had received it. She said she would certainly be in touch if she hadn't. Slightly confused after that call but I guess after paying the deposit and a call I needn't worry. Fab

21 minutes ago, WrapsnBows said:
1 hour ago, Spamcat said:

@WrapsnBows thank you, I just decided to ring to explain the mix up and she said email was fine but she didn't think she had received it. She said she would certainly be in touch if she hadn't. Slightly confused after that call but I guess after paying the deposit and a call I needn't worry. Fab

Expand  

I got an email to thank me for sending the acceptance forms (which were emailed). I think they've been having a bit of a mare with emails though and some of mine have bounced back. X 

• Like 1

On 01/03/2021 at 13:28, Raquelle said:

I got an email to thank me for sending the acceptance forms (which were emailed). I think they've been having a bit of a mare with emails though and some of mine have bounced back. X 

Thanks. I'm sure they haven't received mine because I sent them straight away and then a week later sent another email asking if they had been received and still had no reply but the lady I spoke too didn't seem concerned and just said 'I will certainly be in touch if i havn't' so I can't exactly contact them again. But she thought I was someone else's mum and I couldn't explain properly so I am a bit concerned. I paid the deposit with her name reference though so they should see that I hope. Xx

• 2 weeks later...