Audition dates clashing

Happymum

I’ve just noticed that RCS and Elmhurst finals are on the same day! Did it happen previously? What do you do in this situation? It’s so unfortunate! If a DC can afford to audition just to a few schools, is lucky to get finals and then put in this situation it’s just not right. I know I should wait to see if my DC gets any finals and then worry but just planning ahead

It looks like lots of finals are grouped together within a few days.... chancs are if a DC is talented enough to get finals at one top school then they will have a few finals at  others too... I wonder how this will play out with time away from their current schools too in run up to gcse’s? What a minefield!

Good luck to all the year 11 DC’s on this path & even bigger good luck wishes to the parents...we will survive it & 🤞🏻the right fit for DC’s becomes apoarent & funding allows them to choose this for their next stage of training...

Potentially Tring and Rambert also....  I'm trying to ignore that headache until it becomes one (IF it becomes one).  If it does, then I guess DD would need to make some hard decisions and hopefully will have a good idea of preferred schools following preliminary auditions.  It must be hard if you're in that position though - imagine you choose one final, don't get offered the place, and then wish you went to the other, eek!!  It's a shame they don't co-ordinate more. :(  And maybe (wishful thinking now) it will get noticed and changed, and hopefully to a date that doesn't clash with another school.

I can’t help but wish they did the preliminary auditions at end of year 10 or at start of Autumn & finals pre Xmas.as surely the DC’s potential for each US style if training is appparent but  be then? That would give a longer window of time for finals to be more spread out (though ’s & do think clashes may even be a subliminal way for providers to make candidates to make choices & show priority first?) 

Wouid give more time also should a plan B or even Plan C’s/D’s need to be actioned 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Peanut68 said:

I can’t help but wish they did the preliminary auditions at end of year 10 or at start of Autumn & finals pre Xmas.as surely the DC’s potential for each US style if training is appparent but  be then? That would give a longer window of time for finals to be more spread out (though ’s & do think clashes may even be a subliminal way for providers to make candidates to make choices & show priority first?) 

Wouid give more time also should a plan B or even Plan C’s/D’s need to be actioned 

That’s why I liked NBS (1st choice). Selected an early audition date in Nov. Audition and acceptance letter (yup, no email) all done and dusted by the 28th Nov. Big sigh of relief and then could focus on GCSE’s. 
No idea how other yr11’s manage it. Not just the audition itself but all the travelling whilst balancing out the upcoming school exam season.  🍀

• Like 1