Royal Ballet School in Glasgow

Blackballetshoes

Hi Blackballetshoes

My DD attended the class yesterday and had a wonderful time. She loved the teacher and the 'exercises' (I know nothing of the names of moves - I just know what I like). Was absolutely buzzing when she came out. We weren't sure if she'd be able to get to the class as she'd injured her foot recently, but 2 weeks of (almost) resting it, and she was ready to go. She was a bit disappointed that she wasn't 100% and able to really push herself, but has memorised everything that was taught (wrote it all down in her Ballet book in the car afterwards) and was practicing it for the rest of the day. She can't wait to tell her teacher about it all.

Definitely a worthwhile day and worth resting her foot for (wow!) according to DD.

I'd also be interested in other's thoughts and opinions.

That's great to hear ballettaxi.. Was that the first class? Im surprised more teaches weren't there actually- it was such a treat. thought the teaching was outstanding and was so impressed by the calm and positive approach from all 3 teachers. all of the students rose to the challenge and there was a positive vibe in the room- this doesn't always happen at these events! Also nice to see students from different schools including DSS and SB associates in the same class. Overall a very wonderful and refreshing few days!

Yes DD was in the 11:45 class. Do you remember the name of the teacher? We tried to google him last night but we could only agree that we thought his name was Mark but drew a blank at this surname - you can imagine the bizarre results we got when we googled 'Mark, Royal Ballet'!!!!

Have you been to many of these events? I'd love to know what someone who has seen more of these or indeed someone from RB who has taught these Masterclasses thought of the standard of the students.

My DD met up with a number of friends that she hasn't seen for a while from her SB JA classes, which was nice to see how they're all progressing. She was the only attendee from her dance school, her teacher knows that she is very serious about her dancing and will attend every class she can.

Yes DD was in the 11:45 class. Do you remember the name of the teacher? We tried to google him last night but we could only agree that we thought his name was Mark but drew a blank at this surname - you can imagine the bizarre results we got when we googled 'Mark, Royal Ballet'!!!!

Have you been to many of these events? I'd love to know what someone who has seen more of these or indeed someone from RB who has taught these Masterclasses thought of the standard of the students.

My DD met up with a number of friends that she hasn't seen for a while from her SB JA classes, which was nice to see how they're all progressing. She was the only attendee from her dance school, her teacher knows that she is very serious about her dancing and will attend every class she can.

Sounds as if it was Mark Annear who is head of outreach events at RBS. i really enjoyed a talk by him about the teaching of boys last year.

We had a lovely morning too and my daughter really enjoyed herself. There is even a little clip of her on the news programme! Would have loved to have watched the other classes too. I have seen Jay Jolley teach before and think he is great with the kids. Also very pleased the classes were held at the Dance School of Scotland as it gives people a chance to see the fab studios.

• Like 1