Your Highlights/Lowlights of the Season?

I've been meaning to add to this topic all summer, so here's my twopence worth before the new season starts:

Highlights

1.                Matthew Ball's Prince Rudolph (astounding).

2.                La Bayadere (all casts wonderful, but particularly Takada/Naghdi/McRae – and the corps de ballet was stunning).

3.                Unknown Soldier – very moving – the two main partnerships in particular.

4.                Symphony in C - cannot get enough of this ballet!

5.                Don Q – love it.  Pure joy.

6.                Asphodel Meadows (the one performance of Morera/Bracewell being the absolute standout).

7.                Two Pigeons – perfect combination of joy and heartbreak, and danced superbly by all.

8.                Frankenstein (especially Morera/Bonelli).  I really look forward to seeing some of the younger principal casts getting a crack at this next time.

9.                Romeo and Juliet (Nagdhi/Ball – proving to me that they could repeat that first heart-breaking performance of three years ago again and again.  Also Stix-Brunell's outstanding debut  which reduced me to a soggy mess …)

10.             The final triple bill of the season.  Perfection.  I adore Month in the Country, and particularly loved the Nunez/Ball/Hayward/Hay cast.

Lowlights

1.                Cats – to the extent it took Francesca Hayward away from RB for far too long.

2.                William Bracewell's injury – gutted not to see him in Two Pigeons with Francesca and/or Yasmine,  and doubly-gutted that he was also denied his chances in R&J as well as Month.  I really hope he'll be fighting fit and back soon.

• Like 7

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Fiz said:

Dear JMHopton, 

It might be a good idea if you delete this because when I looked at the document it gave your letter with all your personal details on it! 😮

Whoops. Never thought of that. Sorry I don't know how to delete. Could a moderator please do it for me or remove personal details from the letter. 

Many thanks. Joan

• Like 1