RBS mid associate auditions

Creakingstool

Just really wanting to understand how the Mid Associate auditions differ to the junior if anyone has any information.

We would be looking at Manchester, I know its a bit soon (we just got DD no yesterday from JA) but I believe the applications open in September and I like to have an understanding so I can mull over the options during summer. Not sure if its something we should consider really, I know places are even more limited at this stage.

• Like 2

It’s a very basic ballet class. To start, it’s the standing looking at physique. A few straightforward exercises on the barre, some grand battlement and simple pirouettes in the center,  jumps and bigger jumps  from the diagonal. There was some stretching.

As Scottishballetmum says, the JAs are dominant and will have prepared in their lessons   what they are about to do. But don’t let that put you off ( especially in the warm up room, which is cramped at Manchester) Being a JA doesn’t mean you become a MA and quite a few JAs will be applying for vocational school anyway!

1 hour ago, Leapfrog said:

Hi Creakingstool,  you might be able to attend an MA audition insight, parents get to watch, it's a mock audition. My DS found this really useful as,he knew what to expect.

Thanks, i will keep an eye out. Do they advertise this through the RBS page?

On 15/06/2019 at 06:31, Leapfrog said:

Hi Creakingstool,  you might be able to attend an MA audition insight, parents get to watch, it's a mock audition. My DS found this really useful as,he knew what to expect.

Hello - does anyone know when the MA insight days are held please?

• 2 weeks later...