Dancer injuries forum ... ask our team and we'll try to help

fava_mas

Personally I'd err on the side of caution with online injury advice, just for the same reason that I was told early on in my career never to give "pub diagnosis". One should avoid giving a friend a diagnosis of an injury in the pub just as a dancer/parent should avoid trying to get a diagnosis of an injury online.

You can never get the whole picture unless a healthcare professional does a full and thorough assessment of the patient at the time (both subjective and objective) as well as taking into account prior medical/injury history, history of the present condition and both hands on and visual assessment.

If anyone ever comes to me for injury advice or queries about injury, in 95% of cases I will advise basic anti inflammatory measures followed by a visit to a healthcare professional, unless I have the time to assess them properly.

• Like 4

I agree with Drdance. I have made several comments both on the forum and by pm to moderators about this in the past and I feel very very strongly that the best source of advice in dance or other injuries should be medical practitioners who can see the patient face to face.

• Like 4

I agree with all that's been said (about injury advice not being dealt with online) but as BankruptMum has said, Andrea has told us about the website and I'm now going to lock this thread as there's no need for us to discuss it further here. It's up to individuals whether they want to use it.