Livestream of R&J - Cuthbertson/ Urlezaga - 23 Sept

The Teatro Colon in Buenos Aries is livestreaming a performance of MacMillan's Romeo and Juliet tomorrow, with Lauren Cuthbertson and Inaki Urlezaga in the leads. It's at 17.00 in BA - 21.00 in London I think but better check.

http://www.teatrocolon.org.ar/en/en-vivo

Anyone know if it can be seen in Europe?

Thanks to Dansomanie for the link

Edited by Jane S
  • Like 1

This is his farewell tour, I believe, and tonight is his last performance at the Teatro Colon. He's 42.

He left the RB in 2005 and I remember him mostly for two things: the complete surprise when he was cast as Siegfried at very short notice  after having done nothing more prominent with the RB than a Gentleman in Act 2 of Manon, and his beautiful 'Ashtonian' arms, the best of any man in the company at the time.

Edited by Jane S
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Jane S said:

This is his farewell tour, I believe, and tonight is his last performance at the Teatro Colon. He's 42.

He left the RB in 2005 and I remember him mostly for two things: the complete surprise when he was cast as Siegfried at very short notice  after having done nothing more prominent with the RB than a Gentleman in Act 2 of Manon, and his beautiful 'Ashtonian' arms, the best of any man in the company at the time.

I have very fond memories of his dancing, particularly with Deborah Bull in Swan Lake. She writes at length about their partnership in Don Quixote in Dancing Away.

• Like 2

On 22/09/2018 at 17:31, Jane S said:

The Teatro Colon in Buenos Aries is livestreaming a performance of MacMillan's Romeo and Juliet tomorrow, with Lauren Cuthbertson and Inaki Urlezaga in the leads. It's at 17.00 in BA - 21.00 in London I think but better check.

http://www.teatrocolon.org.ar/en/en-vivo

Anyone know if it can be seen in Europe?

Thanks to Dansomanie for the link

Yes. An watching it now

Edited by Tony Newcombe
Typo