Rambert audition music 60 seconds?

Tutusrus

I was leaving this for someone else as I can only offer a best guess, but as nobody more knowledgeable has stepped in ......

i would guess that 10-15 seconds over would be fine! It is highly unlikely that someone will have a stopwatch, but I wouldn’t go too far over! 

At prelims only about 4 or 5 out of 30 were asked to do their solo. At finals maybe 6 or 7. Dd wasn’t asked to do hers at either audition and she was offered a place. Not sure what you can infer from that! Possibly it’s the borderliners who do their solo. Or possibly those who seem much stronger in either Ballet or Contemporary. 

Dd’s first day at Rambert today! I’ll do my best with any questions! 

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your reply. Seems such a shame on one hand after all that’s goes in to a solo not to be able to use it but on the other hand how great to be offered without needing to!! Congratulations on Rambert - would be great to see any updates as your DD settles in. Do you mind me asking how old she is? Many thanks 

Edited by Tutusrus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tutusrus said:

Thank you so much for your reply. Seems such a shame on one hand after all that’s goes in to a solo not to be able to use it but on the other hand how great to be offered without needing to!! Congratulations on Rambert - would be great to see any updates as your DD settles in. Do you mind me asking how old she is? Many thanks 

She is 16. 

• Like 3