RB Principal Pipeline

On 30/05/2018 at 23:46, capybara said:

In tonight's gala, Fumi Kaneko shone especially brightly in Symphony in C - every inch a Principal-in-waiting.

On 31/05/2018 at 00:12, Xandra Newman said:

Didn't see her tonight but I like Fumi Kaneko a lot too. Beautiful dancer she is. 

I do hope she stays injury free after having suffered two very bad injuries which slowed her down. 

I can’t comtribute to the main point of discussion, but having recently arrived in London for a visit went to the first of three Swan Lakes last night and think I am now a Kaneko fan. Certainly will be looking out for her at future performances. Actually, when I opened my program and saw the names of so many dancers unfamiliar to me in the secondary featured  roles (other than Magri whom I know from video) I gave up trying to keep track of who was who and just watched ‘purely’ so to speak, uninfluenced by having read that ‘xyz’ was one to watch etc. I enjoyed the dancing of both of the two featured ‘big’ swans, but in Act II, one in particular kept drawing my eye over and over...when I checked my program I saw that the dancer was Fumi Kaneko. 

Edited by DrewCo
  • Like 6

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, DrewCo said:

having recently arrived in London for a visit went to the first of three Swan Lakes last night

DrewCo, I'm really looking forward to reading your thoughts on Swan Lake, whatever they may be - please post them when you're ready!

8 hours ago, Lizbie1 said:

DrewCo, I'm really looking forward to reading your thoughts on Swan Lake, whatever they may be - please post them when you're ready!

Thank you.  I usually post rather detailed reports on what I see on my “home” board (BalletAlert) which is more North-America-centric, but will try to say something here. Probably when my trip is over and I can sit at a keyboard.

I am certainly happy to be seeing the production in its premier season....and am also trying to catch up with much of the talent mentioned in this thread.

Edited by DrewCo
  • Like 3