extended btec courses leeds / manchester

bethany

Hello again

My daughter and I are continuing our research for Sept 19 entry.

She is looking for a dance course which includes ballet but is not entirely ballet focused. 

One thing I don't think we've considered in enough detail is a btec / A level course locally with the aim of moving away at 18 rather than 16. 

Can anyone recommend any 6th form / colleges in the Leeds or Manchester area that offer a good dance course (possibly Liverpool but that maybe a bit far). Ideally with good transport links and close to a train station.

Thank you x

If you would consider her going away I can recommend Stageworks, just outside Cambridge. It does an Audition Preparation course which is funded and has accommodation. It had 100% for getting students in to further training. Some of the destinations for 2017 include Urdang, Laine, Bird, Italia Conti, London Studio Centre etc etc. My DS was offered everywhere he auditioned with funding (without doing a funding audition) and was the first boy to be in set 1 ballet at his chosen college.

He claimed housing benefit as did everyone else for the accommodation but the houses/flats are all managed by Stageworks.