Filming/DVDs Royal Ballet

On 3/29/2018 at 11:26, TheaG said:

I'm still wishing they would  release a DVD of the 2014 live screening of Manon!

There is a good quality 2015 Paris Opera offering on You Tube, with Roberto Bolle ( who is partnering Nunez at the RB) and Aurelie Dupont - I think it was her last performance before retiring. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7GJ2de8RE4

1 hour ago, Richard LH said:

There is a good quality 2015 Paris Opera offering on You Tube, with Roberto Bolle ( who is partnering Nunez at the RB) and Aurelie Dupont - I think it was her last performance before retiring. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7GJ2de8RE4

I saw this recording but rather gave up on it as I was disappointed with the rest of the cast; Monsieur GM, Mistress, Gaoler etc. It seems no one but the RB appreciate the need to be in character all of the time and that a ballet like Manon especially depends as much on the commitment of the subsidiary characters as the principals.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Lizbie1 said:

I think that what Fonty might be suggesting is that the people making the decisions about which dancers should feature in broadcasts or on DVDs might be overestimating the pulling power of some names, if indeed that is a factor. Bluntly: how many people on the street have heard of, for example, Nunez or Lamb, and does their casting make any significant difference to attendance at live relays?

And if Fonty isn't saying it, I am!

Yes, that was what I was saying, Lizbie.  :) 

I was trying not to offend anyone by naming specific names.  

• Like 1