Tring 6th Form Dance Course - academic tests

arabesque1

As far as dd can remember, last year they had to do an on line non verbal reasoning type test but didn’t have to write anything. She’s not 100% sure that she has remembered fully, so hope someone else can advise. 

• Like 1

Hi, my dd has also got a tring audition for 6th form I can’t answer your question but dd is anxious about the 1 minute solo in preparation how hard should it be my dd will do ballet but should it be on pointe or flats and would a variation from a istd ballet exam be ok or should it be a more complex variation from a ballet eg sleeping beauty? Thanks 

15 hours ago, Ballet4ever said:

Hi, my dd has also got a tring audition for 6th form I can’t answer your question but dd is anxious about the 1 minute solo in preparation how hard should it be my dd will do ballet but should it be on pointe or flats and would a variation from a istd ballet exam be ok or should it be a more complex variation from a ballet eg sleeping beauty? Thanks 

I think my dd will be tweaking one of her competition solos but she won’t be doing a ballet piece. I’m really not sure what they’re expecting though!

When my dd auditioned for 6th form last year, the emphasis for the solo at Tring was to do something that you are relaxed and confident in and can perform well. 

They like you to do your own choreography as it shows your creativity but it’s not a problem if you don’t. My DD is very classical but did a lyrical solo, some did ballet though. Most seemed to do modern/jazz or lyrical/contemporary.  

Edited by Loulabelle

19 hours ago, Loulabelle said:

When my dd auditioned for 6th form last year, the emphasis for the solo at Tring was to do something that you are relaxed and confident in and can perform well. 

They like you to do your own choreography as it shows your creativity but it’s not a problem if you don’t. My DD is very classical but did a lyrical solo, some did ballet though. Most seemed to do modern/jazz or lyrical/contemporary.  

Did your dd enjoy the Tring audition last year? Is she there this year or did she choose an alternative vocational school?

21 hours ago, arabesque1 said:

Did your dd enjoy the Tring audition last year? Is she there this year or did she choose an alternative vocational school?

Yes she thoroughly enjoyed the audition process and was offered a funded place. However she was lucky enough to have multiple offers and chose ENBS. 

• Like 1