Loop resistance bands

glissade

Would be very grateful for some advice ....

My daughter has just received a purple Tendu resistance band and is discouraged because it seems to be (in my opinion at least) very 'heavy duty'. 

Do other people's 12 year old daughters use this and manage to do all those arabesquey stretching poses with it?!

Thanks for any help :-)

Hello Glissade as well as any members answering your query we have had a number of threads where therabands have been discussed.  I've added a tag "theraband" to your thread and to some of the others.  Or you could just search Doing Dance using theraband as the criterium.

Yes that looks pretty tough to me - these are more likely to be used for extreme stretching rather than strengthening. I don't think that they are appropriate for children to use unless in a class delivered by a strength & conditioning coach.

Thanks - it's just very helpful to know that she shouldn't be expecting to be able to use it as per the images on Google. And that she shouldn't be disappointed with herself for not being able to use it as per the images on Google.

I have these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Resistance-Bands-Exercise-Loop-Crossfit-Strength-Weight-Training-Fitness-/321359828166  The orange one is very heavy (it doesn't move when you try to stretch it) and the red one is very light. I think the orange one is 75kgs resistance and the red one 2kgs, with varying degrees for the rest. I have these too http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Resistance-Loop-Bands-Mini-Band-Exercise-Crossfit-Strength-Fitness-Toning-Physio/231972153249 but they are very short and they aren't suitable for leg work. Great for arm toning though.

• Like 1