Cecchetti Assosciates

ArucariaBallerina

By the recommendation of my dance teacher, I am off to audition for Cecchetti Associates in the next couple of months. I was wondering if anyone had any idea what these auditions entail? Is it just a normal ballet class? I will be auditioning at Senior level, is there any Pointework? 

Also, just some general information about the scheme. What are the faculty like? The quality of the classes etc. and approximately how many people get places? Just looking for someone with experience really, as I had no idea about it until recently!

Where are you based? There are 3 locations; London, Manchester and Newport, Wales. Each location is organised slightly differently. Dds are associates in Wales. Classes are fairly large. No pointe in senior. Different teacher every time. Usually ballet for 1hour plus followed by other genre. This year they have had rock and roll, contemporary to musical theatre. Teachers have always been good.

If you are based in London there is Cecchetti scholars too.

My dd did the ones in Warrington. There wasn't any pointe in the auditions. She was in the middle age group. They did something like 90 mins ballet followed by a session of another type of dance. It is organised by Miss Hurst who is fabulous and sometimes teaches the ballet. A lot of guest teachers come from Hammond, Northern etc.