carmen67

Just coming back to this one last time to update DDs progress. She subsequently did three more auditions in the Netherlands and is now training/studying at Artez in Arnhem where she is having the time of her life!

It’s  hard to believe that six months ago we were so worried for her future and all has worked out so well. She does still get very tired from time to time and I think that is a throwback to the illness but if she’s very careful with her rest and diet can get back on form quite quickly. 

Thank you all for your lovely comments.

• Like 15

13 hours ago, carmen67 said:

Just coming back to this one last time to update DDs progress. She subsequently did three more auditions in the Netherlands and is now training/studying at Artez in Arnhem where she is having the time of her life!

It’s  hard to believe that six months ago we were so worried for her future and all has worked out so well. She does still get very tired from time to time and I think that is a throwback to the illness but if she’s very careful with her rest and diet can get back on form quite quickly. 

Thank you all for your lovely comments.

lovely to hear   that positive outcome 

chookas to your DD 

• Like 1

That's great to hear and best of luck to your dd. Just wanted to add my own experiences, I was diagnosed with gf in early may this year (aged 36!) and was off work for 6 weeks and probably not fully better for 8. Absolutely fine since, though, but I can remember clearly the day the 'fog' lifted and I felt much better. One of the things the dr said, though was that the incubation period is 6-8 weeks and symptoms are often very different depending on your age (for example, I had no sore throat at all, but my liver and spleen were badly affected.)I got lots of ribbing about 'who had I been kissing?!' (Particularly from hubby!!) But then it occurred to me...about two months previously, DS had been ill on and off for weeks and had the most horrendous cough he couldn't shift. He was off school a few days, but wasn't ill enough to remain home all the time. It was, however, over the period of school entrance exams, WL finals and various other things and looking back, his symptoms fitted gf. My youngest is a toddler and around the same time had constant bright red cheeks, but no other symptoms. Again, Epstein Barr (the gf virus) can show in toddlers that way.

I just wanted to show that gf definitely isn't the same for everyone and similarly to your dd, carmen67, my DS was successful in his auditions. It's an horrendous disease and having had it myself, I would absolutely say giving in and sleeping and resting when it is at it's worst is vital. But you will know when you are better, or at least I did. xx

• Like 2

I had it as a teenager - not a dancer though - and Dr told me to just carry on as best I could. I suffered for years. Other friends who had it had Drs who told them to stay off school and rest for a few weeks and they seemed to bounce back so I agree with others to have a complete rest now in the hope it might avoid it being too drawn out. I did discover when i was still suffering terribly with tiredness years later that my magnesium levels were very low (had to pay for blood tests) and taking a supplement got me pretty much back to normal quite quickly. So if tiredness does drag out it would be worth having some blood tests done to see if any specific deficiences. 

• Like 1