Washing ballet shoes

swe

Hi there, yes I have put various makes of canvas shoes in the wash (30o) with good results - they are both cleaner and the wash seems to "tighten up" the canvas fabric which I find sometimes feels a bit "baggy". First time I was nervous so dried them very slowly and put my feet in them when damp in case of shrinkage, but now just pop them in the airing cupboard to dry.

Hope this helps!

RK

Have washed white canvas shoes (Sansha 1C) in the machine at 40 degree wash for several years. I let them dry naturally and not near any heat sometimes stuffed with a tea towel or kitchen roll. Spray with a liquid spray stain remover before washing helps keep them white. Hope that helps.

Has anyone got any tips for washing ballet tights. I hand wash dd's but there are a lot of pairs which have discolouration on the feet which makes them look dirty. Does anyone put them in a machine? If so at what temperature?

Edited by tutoo2much

'tutoo2much'

Has anyone got any tips for washing ballet tights. I hand wash dd's but there are a lot of pairs which have discolouration on the feet which makes them look dirty. Does anyone put them in a machine? If so at what temperature?

I always wash my DD's at 30 degrees and they tend to last longer.

Good luck Ax