Renaissance Arts Show

tutugirl

I just wanted to congratulate the staff and students on a fantastic show . Last night's performance was phenomenal .

The Broadway theme made for a varied and thoroughly entertaining programme , which showcased the students according to their strengths .

It is refreshing that this course exists in Leeds , and that it is no longer necessary to train in London .

The 3 year course in either dance or musical theatre , has produced the ' triple threat ' performers who looked confident and ready to go out auditioning .

Some have already secured contracts .

Students are also encouraged to take their teaching qualification whilst in year 3 .

I would actively encourage anyone considering this line of training to go and see for yourselves .

Fabulous and affordable training in the North of England .

Happy 5 th anniversary Renaissance !

• Like 6

Just to add to that, the Renaissance Scholars programme is also excellent and I don’t think widely known about. It is basically an associate programme, alternate Sundays, classes in ballet and jazz with an optional extra hour of vocal training. They also do Sunday ‘masterclasses’ 3 or 4 times a year, which are a full day (10-4 I think), and can be booked through their website by anyone aged 12+ who feels that they meet the required standard. Worth a look at their website :)

http://renaissancearts.co.uk

Edited by BlueLou

Sounds brilliant.

How do you find the master classes or info about scholars on their website?  I followed the links and it says 'page not found'.

DD isn't quite old enough yet, but it looks like exactly what she wants!

Sounds brilliant.

How do you find the master classes or info about scholars on their website?  I followed the links and it says 'page not found'.

DD isn't quite old enough yet, but it looks like exactly what she wants!

Just gone onto their website and it’s obviously being overhauled - cover page etc all different - so I presume that’s why the ‘scholars’ and ‘masterclasses’ links are not working at the moment! Give it a few days and hopefully it’ll all be there again. In the meantime, if you click on FAQs there is some info on scholars and masterclasses in there. The college is also on Facebook. 

• Like 2

Just gone onto their website and it’s obviously being overhauled - cover page etc all different - so I presume that’s why the ‘scholars’ and ‘masterclasses’ links are not working at the moment! Give it a few days and hopefully it’ll all be there again. In the meantime, if you click on FAQs there is some info on scholars and masterclasses in there. The college is also on Facebook. 

Thank you x

Im afraid the scholar auditions were 3rd July for sept 16/17 intake. My daughter auditioned and was successful, she can't wait to start. She did the January and May master classes and thoroughly enjoyed them and they were challenging so I would recommend those. One of our senior girls is just finishing her 1st year at Renaisssnce and is loving it!!

Im afraid the scholar auditions were 3rd July for sept 16/17 intake. My daughter auditioned and was successful, she can't wait to start. She did the January and May master classes and thoroughly enjoyed them and they were challenging so I would recommend those. One of our senior girls is just finishing her 1st year at Renaisssnce and is loving it!!

Thanks for that.

I may look at DD auditioning next year - She is starting high school this September, as well as a mad amount of dance and musical theatre classes and performances lined up, so we had already said no to even auditioning for any scholars this time round! Interesting that the auditions are so 'late' - other places seem to be in the April/May time.

Do the master classes just get put on the website?