Royal Ballet School open day, White Lodge

kiwimum6

Was anyone else at the open day today? What a lovely day! It was the first time I have gone and I really enjoyed the whole day in the beautiful surroundings. How lucky to be able to go to school there!

I thoroughly enjoyed the fantastic dancing from JAs to Year 11... Tho think the Scottish was my favourite:) what fabulous dancing. I had a very tasty Dahl lunch, a fab cuppa, and a tour around the school. And the rain held off throughout:)

Would definitely go again... And would recommend for a lovely day out.

• Like 10

I've only missed 2 in about the last 14 years! Many fond memories but my favourite one was when 2 of my children were dancing on the lawn on the same day (one in year 8 and one a JA) - very special.

So glad you enjoyed it.

• Like 8

It isn't always open to the public although I'm sure they would never turn anyone away.  This year is the first year I haven't been.  It was always the highlight of my year being able to watch all of the children dancing when my DD was there.  There is such a wonderful atmosphere.

...and seeing the progression through the years is incredible!! 

Edited by angel

I think one year is was just for friends and family.

Maybe now they will have it open every year as they are advertising the school much more and making every opportunity to raise much needed funds.

The only problem you have is when it rains and not everyone can go in to watch. It gets a little tense at times ????????

They always used to alternate years - one year it was an Open Day and the other just  Summer Fair (I think that's what they called them).  However, I attended for the 2 or 3 years before my son started there full-time, and several years after he left and no-one seemed to mind!  On the open days, they put on tours, but that was the main difference I could see.