Renaissance Arts Scholars Audition

Balletmumof2

My DS is on the full time course at Renaissance .

Highly recommend the training . It's tough - not for the faint heated - but so is the industry .

I have a few pupils in the scholars class - I think the audition consisted of a ballet and a jazz class . I can make further inquiries

Turugirl

My DS is on the full time course at Renaissance .

Highly recommend the training . It's tough - not for the faint heated - but so is the industry .

I have a few pupils in the scholars class - I think the audition consisted of a ballet and a jazz class . I can make further inquiries

Turugirl

Hi, thank you. I just wondered how advanced the audition maybe. She has done the 2 masterclasses there this year and loved it. She said it was tough and challenging, but that is what she loved about it. One of our friends is a full time student there too and loves it.

x

My dd is a Renaissance Scholar. The audition is a bit like a normal Sunday session, so similar to the Masterclasses but shorter! If your dd found she could keep up in the Masterclasses I would think she’ll be absolutely fine in the audition too. The teachers are likely to be Martin Howland (ballet) and Stillie Dee (jazz), both of whom your dd will have met at the masterclasses. Martin Howland, in particular, is fabulous and my dd has loved his classes and gained a lot from them. 

My dd is a Renaissance Scholar. The audition is a bit like a normal Sunday session, so similar to the Masterclasses but shorter! If your dd found she could keep up in the Masterclasses I would think she’ll be absolutely fine in the audition too. The teachers are likely to be Martin Howland (ballet) and Stillie Dee (jazz), both of whom your dd will have met at the masterclasses. Martin Howland, in particular, is fabulous and my dd has loved his classes and gained a lot from them.

That's good to know. She kept up with the pace etc fine on the masterclass days. Although I think she found the turning combinations tricky in the jazz class. She's looking forward to the sudituon, it's all good experience.

X

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We had the email today from Renaissance scholars for my DD and its a yes!! Cant wait to tell her when she gets in from school, it will be such a confidence boost. The audition was quite challenging, especially the jazz class. She was pulled out of the group and asked which dance school she attended, not sure what that meant, but must have been good!!  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

• Like 8