Leotards for company auditions/CV phots

Jazzpaws

Reading all the vocational school audition news has made me think about DD's next step. She'll be in her 3rd year come September (going far too quickly) so will need to think about auditions, CV photo shoot and videos. I thought it may be a good idea to keep a lookout for suitable leotards early on. I'm guessing leotards will be plain coloured and fairly simple but with a bit more detail on than for upper school auditions ??

Can anyone help (although I'm sure she will have her own ideas and there will be plenty of advice from the school) ?

It did take a while to find  'the one' for upper school auditions  ;)

My dd has been keeping an eye on the photos of the current graduate year for ideas of what seems to be the preferred choice regarding leotards. She has also been eyeing up the various brands in case she sees something she thinks is perfect.

I'm trying to pretend it isn't happening!

• Like 2

My dd has been keeping an eye on the photos of the current graduate year for ideas of what seems to be the preferred choice regarding leotards. She has also been eyeing up the various brands in case she sees something she thinks is perfect.

I'm trying to pretend it isn't happening!

Scary isn't it - the thought of the net lot of stress  :o

It would be worth asking the photographer as he may have a preference. For example this year one photographer asked for white or red.

Was this a photographer arranged by school? We noticed the trend for white this year and it really isn't a colour that suits my dd.

Does anyone know if the students (ie parents!) have to pay for the CV photos or are they provided by the school? Not at this stage yet but curious to know what potentially lies ahead....got to make it to the graduate year first! ????

Guess what? You pay!

• Like 4

Yes but he's also the most sought after one. It's to do with their lighting and background. Steel blue colours and olive green seem to be very popular too.

Was it an ex dancer? Dd had some done in lower school when a photographer sat in class. They are really lovely and very natural. I wold like her to use him but she is keen to use the one school now recommend.