Hammond Year 10 Dance Hours/type?

sarahw

My DD is in yr 10 and I think does about 6 or 7 hours class ballet plus 2 hours RAD adv 1 and 2 pre school RAD 1 hour classes. There's about 3 to 4 hours jazz and tap plus about 1 to 2 hours contemporary when they are at school on a Sat morning. Saturday mornings can be used for all sorts of dance - there has been street in the past and recently some partnering work. Sorry it's a bit vague, I lose track, but am very happy to ask her about exact totals if you would like. ????

Year 9 is 5 & a half hours of ballet plus 2 x 90 min RAD lessons.

2 & a half hours of modern & 2 hours of tap (year 10 is when they drop some of the modern & start doing jazz (I think).

Then Saturday mornings which as Karen says changes round a bit. At the moment dd seems to be doing pas de deux on Saturday mornings plus creative/stretch/street

Dd has 2 scheduled daytime adv 2 classes, one of which is scheduled for when the teacher is not available, so she goes to adv 1 instead. There are 3 pre school 1 hour adv 2 classes this term (I think there were 2 last term) and they are 8 -9 am. Not sure if all in the grade go to all the early classes. I'm also not sure if there are regular pre school adv 1 classes, but Dd did do these coming up to her exam last summer. Sorry if I have confused the issue - I forgot she is now in adv 2 not adv 1! ????

Pictures - i'm not sure that the pre-school classes are for all pupils all the time.  I think the year 10/11s get invited to the 8am  adv1 and adv2 classes (which the professional students also attend) only as they are approaching the adv 1 exam. The lower school do still have RAD classes scheduled during the day. 

I would double check with the school but I doubt really it would be a problem as the professional students who take these pre school RAD classes and exams only take the pre-school classes as they have no RAD ballet during the normal day.  My DD did Adv 2 by doing 2 pre school classes a week - they are really only learning the syllabus in these classes as she will learn relevant level steps, movements etc in her other ballet classes as well as still having timetable RAD ones.

Pictures - i'm not sure that the pre-school classes are for all pupils all the time. I think the year 10/11s get invited to the 8am adv1 and adv2 classes (which the professional students also attend) only as they are approaching the adv 1 exam. The lower school do still have RAD classes scheduled during the day.

Dd was invited to Adv 1 pre school last term as the exam approached, but is definitely expected to participate in pre school Adv 2 this term and there is no exam on the horizon yet.