RBS year 10

Poppy

Hi I am auditing for year 10 at Bristol. On checking the boards and the royal website I can see some centres have already completed their auditions, I understand the SA letters only go out when all auditions are complete; does that also apply for the letters re finals or do they go out earlier.

On average how many normally go to finals and does anybody know if there are any free beds for year 10 - sept 2012.

Thanks 

As stated on previous threads letters only go out after all auditions are completed.The school will have an inkling of whether or not there will be any beds but probably won't know for certain until current students have completed their apprasials. Usually someone will have to leave to make space in year 10.

The letters for the finals go out when all the auditions are complete, so you should hear if you've got to the final for full time at White Lodge in the first week of February. SA and MA letters don't go out until the finals have been done at the end of Feb and they know who's going full time and who isn't, so they will go out sometime mid March.

Approximately 5 children get asked to the final for each year for years 8, 9 and 10. However, all three years audition together in the same class so there are about 15 or so in the finals audition class.

Thank you ribbons, this is so nerve racking my dance teacher wanted me to audition last year for MA's but I was too nervous anyway this year ive plucked up the courage to apply if only for the experience. I do feel better reading people have enjoyed the audition. x

Good luck Poppy!!! My DD auditioned in Manchester so we are one of the ones with a long wait - sigh!!!!

Think the SA letters last year went out really late - May? Don't think they went out until after the JA auditions ?? I may be wrong...

Let us know how you get on!

F xxx

DD also auditioning in Bristol on the 29th - the letter confirming the audition time says:

"Results of the preliminary audition for Lower School are sent as soon after the audition as possible. Results for the Associate courses are sent out at the conclusion of the National Audition Tour in March."

Did your letter for Manchester say the same, Fran?

good luck Poppy!

x

Hi G - yes it did but both DD and I seem to remember that our MAs going for SA places didn't find out they had got a place until pretty near the end of Summer term (which in Manchester was end of May). Think we heard re finals about 2 weeks before the finals as we had to make frantic calls round B&Bs trying to find somewhere! So mid Feb?

Happy waiting all - wish all our DDs and DSs could make finals and we could all meet up! :)

F x