Personal Statements

anondancer_15

I've been asked to write a personal statement at school in preparation for applying to universities etc, my first question is do vocational schools ask for personal statements as well?

secondly, I can't seem to find any example dance statements. if anyone knows of where I can find some successful examples or has one themselves please could you let me know either below or PM me! thank you! :)

I think you need one for bird and urdang for the BA course and also any you apply for through UCAS or CUCAS, so any university dance or mt course or any conservatories, (laban, rcs etc) & some schools have personal statement type sections on the application but this doesn't need to be as long or formal as an academic personal statement would be I don't think

If anyone has any successful dance personal statements please could they also pm me! Thanks :)

I wrote a personal statement through UCAS this year. I can send it to you if you would like to?

I'm not saying that it is the way to write it, but at least you have an idea on how you possibly can do it :)

If it is a dance one then yes please :)

I've been Admissions Tutor for a performing arts department, and a Personal Statement needs to show that you understand what the course/s you're applying for are about, and what is involved in studying dance at HE.

The advice I give here is for writing your UCAS PS.

Please, please, please don't write about your "passion." We take that for granted, and it's not very meaningful. Show in more concrete detail how you've followed your ambitions, rather than telling us about your feelings. Show how your school studies, plus your extra-curricular studies, have prepared you for study of dance at a very advanced level. Don't just say that they have, give us some evidence.

The website: The Student Room, can be useful for getting ideas about [uCAS] Personal Statements. But caveat emptor:  it can sometimes be spectacularly wrong. All the misguided rumours spread by all the misguided students in the world ... ;):o

Edited by Kate_N
  • Like 5