MDS Awards for 11-16

kcoom75

Hi, I have searched this topic and found lots of information but I was wondering if anyone knows if boarding costs are included in MDS awards. I had discounted full time dance school as I didn't think my DS would be happy boarding at such a young age, but he shocked me today by telling me he would love to live at dance school and wants to audition for Hammond like his older sister.

• Like 1

I think the different schools all have a varying number of MDS places that can be awarded. Someone on here mentioned a while ago that all financially eligible students at RBS are funded by MDS, and most at Elmhurst. Hammond as above, and Tring seems to have an available number that varies wildly each year, and it is pot luck whether there are enough in the year that you apply. It all depends on the number of leavers freeing up the places, and some years there are more than others.

• Like 1

thank you everyone for your replies. my DD went to vocational school at 16 so I don't have any experience of auditioning for year 7. does anyone know what sort of level/grade they should be at that point?

he's only going into year four this time, but he hasn't been dancing for very long and is only in grade one. We have just moved him to a more serious dance school as he started asking about doing auditions and going to full time dance school, and I know from my DD's auditions that the competition is quite fierce. He may change his mind but I wanted to make sue he has the best chance and is prepared if he does still want to audition at 11.

The open day is a good idea pictures as he has been asking to go and see the school again.......he's only been there to drop off or pick up his sister up to now.