Hammond summer school 2015

Leanne

Could anyone help? my dd is at the summer school this Sunday and I've lost the letter :(

I really need to know what they have to take with them and the school is shut and the boarding haven't answered.

You're my last hope

Try emailing as the staff have been in this week & can access emails outside of school

From memory (it was 2 years ago when dd did summer school they need to take bedding (duvet, pillow & bottom sheet) towel, personal wash stuff. Enough leotards & tights to last a week including one black leotard. Most also take black footless tights for jazz/contemporary & jazz trousers/sports joggers for street. Depending on age she may like to take crop over top or similar for street.

Swimming costume & enough money for a snack (think they have a swimming trip one evening)

And ballet shoes of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Well my dd had a brilliant time at the summer school. I noticed a real difference in her confidence. Don't think she slept more than six hours a night as she was too busy having fun. The show at the end of the week was great and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the different styles. The downside is that now she knows what she is missing and she came back with a scouse accent :)

• Like 4

Well my dd had a brilliant time at the summer school. I noticed a real difference in her confidence. Don't think she slept more than six hours a night as she was too busy having fun. The show at the end of the week was great and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the different styles. The downside is that now she knows what she is missing and she came back with a scouse accent :)

I take it Miss Baxter was teaching? Never mind - could be worse / she could have come back with a Stoke accent from Mr F ????

Ha ha I know I shouldn't dislike the accent but I've had a bad experience with a scouser. Loved it until then. I'm not sure who was teaching she was far more influenced by the girl in her dorm. She is going to reapply for year 8 in the Hammond with a hope of getting the funding. Thanks everyone for the comments I will keep posting as your added to my favourites ????

If you don't like the accent, move over plenty of other people do lol glad she enjoyed her experience. My daughter now has a rich accent from all over. Northerners say she sounds South, southerners say she is from somewhere around the North. I just love the fact that she has mixed with friends from all around our country and around the world. I am also glad and PROUD of her very slight Scouse accent. If your daughter does end up going to the Hammond bit of advice don't tell scouser a you don't like their accent.

• Like 3

Being a military family my children have moved around quite a bit and have very English accents. My husband who is a senior officer in the RAF and myself are scousers and speak with the accent. We are proud to be Liverpudlians and would not have minded our children speaking with an accent. Word of warning, us scousers stick together. The Hammond is a lovely school. My daughter attended there for a couple of years before moving to another vocational school closer to home. Good luck with the funding audition.

• Like 3