LCB 2015 summer school (juniors)

Primaballerina1

Hi I'm new to balletcoforum so don't know much about it! But I was just wondering whether the London Childrns Ballet Summer school is good? My DD is 12 but we are not doing the senior one as we are away.(we are doing Juniors) it is our first year doing it so was just wondering whether it is good and if it will help her with technique and performance skills??

We are doing it through the audition as we got a lovely 'no' from LCB and did not get a call back either.

Could anyone help us on what it will be like at the junior summer school 2015??

My dd has only ever done the Senior one - three times - and it was wonderful. Hard work and full-on days but by the Thursday of each week I was always astounded at how much she had come on in terms of her performance and acting. Fantastic teachers and lovely West End repertoire, classical variations as well as performing LCB rep. I can't recommend it highly enough.

If the Junior summer school is anywhere near as good as the senior one, your dd will have a wonderful time.

• Like 2

Anna C- yes hopefully, as the senior one sound v v good! My DD is quite nervous as she doesn't know anyone there and she is v shy!

What I do know is that LCB senior summer school does a short performance in elderly home (this may only be a recent change) and juniors do not. But I am hoping DD makes friends and has a lovely time as she is looking forward to the summer school week a lot- in fact she keeps on saying to me '35 hours of dance in one week mum!! I'm so excited!!'

• Like 2

Ballet sister Glad to hear she made lots of friends and everyone was nice!! DD likes to be stretched- but not TOO far!! It's a shame DD couldn't do senior one as she will probs be oldest in Juniors but she is in the most advanced group so this will help hopefully!! Thanks for your help!