Dance photographers birmingham area

Mumontherun

Could anyone recommend a dance photographer in the Birmingham area, preferably city centre? I'm looking for one who could take some audition photos but hopefully won't make me bankrupt in the process! Looking online I see there are lots and lots of photographers out there but I have no idea who's good for dance shots.

I can highly recommend Tim Cross photography. He is an ex dancer and now dance photographer. He did dd's upper school photos last year and I know he does an audition photo package. He tends to book a studio at dance exchange to do the session and you just need to take along all the various photo requirements for all the schools you are applying to. A lot of the photos overlap and I think we just had to purchase a couple of others over and above the number of shots included in the package. He sends them to you digitally, so you can just reprint as many copies as you like. He did dd's and quite a few others I know of last year.

• Like 4

I agree - take with your dance teacher. I think the vast majority do. As my dc's lessons are in village halls we've had some lovely psychedelic curtain backgrounds. ....

I would say try to get a plain background if you can.

I think they are more an aide-memoire when they're discussing after the audition. Some say wear the same leo for photos as at the audition. Don't think I've ever been that organised. ....

Good luck!

Thanks everyone for your helpful advice. We would usually ask our dd's old dance teacher from home to help with the photos which she would do willingly. However as dd is not home now for a few weeks we will be cutting it fine timewise to do that. With hindsight we should really have been more organised and done it in the summer holidays, but hey ho! Hence that's why we're now looking at dance photographers who can do it whilst she is away at school. Unfortunately as I'm sure so many of you here know that's just one of the little problems of having them away from home for weeks on end!