Tring dance summer school 2015

Waltzingmatilda

Does anyone know how many DD's are in a room as my DD going for first residential here so am hoping there are a few DD's together?!  She is 12.  Any idea what kit list is like too please?  I had an email last week asking for DD food info which says info should follow soon but just wondered if anyone who's DD went last year would know? Being new to 'residential' world! any hints would be greatly received. Can they take a mobile just in case she wants to send me 'one' text - ha. I am starting to feel nervous - DD can't wait!!  It may be the thought of Harry Potter world as well! 

My DD is going. She will be almost 11. The dorms vary and can be anything from 2 to 6 in a dorm. She has only ever been in a dorm with 6 in.

They sometimes need to take duvets but sometimes just the cover and sheets and school provide the duvets.

They just need dance stuff for each day and ballet shoes, jazz shoes if they have them. Roll on deodorant as the fire alarm is too sensitive for aerosols. They really will have a have a great time. They are allowed mobiles although sometimes they have to hand them in to the house parent at lights out. Can't think of anything else off hand. Any more questions just pm me. Hope that helps!! X

2 in a room, loads of cupboard space and a sink. Some dark coloured leotards, a short practice skirt, tracksuit type of wear to cover up for when in the canteen etc. hairdryer (no TV's or mini fridges!! But who on earth would do that?!?). Mobiles are fine. I had a few calls, texts and photos. It goes by in a flash and there's a lovely presentation of work at the end which a lot of people seemed to be filming and no one seemed to mind that!

that is fabulously useful.  thank you pas de chat, busymum and piccolo - will remove 'mini fridge' from our Tring essentials list immediately!!  i will have to go and get some character shoes but managed to get a character skirt on ebay.  Just a couple of new leotards as DD;s dance school one has gone bally as been stretched to last 2 years so think she deserves a nice new one!

Hi, has anyone been on to the Tring dance summer school?  How was it?  I've read through the threads here and now a bit worried that it won't be challenging or fun enough.  Thanks.

Oh gosh! I dont know what threads you've read but the Tring Summer school is fantastic. My son went summer 2013, loved it so much is now a full time student there. That year was the last year before they made it residential so I'm sure others here will have information about the residential side.

He was intermediate level when he went and was in the next to top level class, so they clearly cater for lots of standards. The classes were varied, fun and the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly.

Hello Kim, welcome to the forum. :-)

There is already a current thread about Tring Summer School.

It's easier for people to find information if all the discussion is together, so I will merge your new thread with the existing one.

Edited to remove link to this thread following the merge.

• 2 weeks later...