EYB Casting

anondancer_15

You'll have a briefing first thing when dancers and parents all in the room then dancers sit down and they call a register and go through information

Then the parents go

For the young ones there is a bit of sorting and casting based on height and other things I believe

Then I believe several dances are done for various parts including some solos and featured roles

Good luck

P.s. No "poofy" buns as janet Lewis has made comments in the past about disliking big huge donut buns :)

I think I have to agree with miss Lewis about huge poofy buns!????

does anyone know how the casting is done for the bigger roles like do they select who they think would be suitable for it or is it 'if you want this role come and try this' situation?

They will already have in mind a few who they want for main roles as there is usually a costume involved!! However my daughter had a costume adapted for her in a main role as she was younger and smaller than the usual dancer for that role! They will also try out a few combinations depending on who else they might be dancing with. They will also take into account the choreography for that dancer and will adapt or extend depending on the dancers ability.

What ever role is given every dancer will be considered for appropriate roles and as much expected from ensemble as solo roles.

Heather

Aka Taxi Mom