End of year at vocational schools?

Pups_mum

This is just idle curiosity on my part, not important at all really! But I was just wondering what happens to pupils in years 11 and 13 at vocational schools? Obviously in regular academic schools, once GCSEs/A level exams are over, that is basically it for the year, bar the odd leavers assembly or party. Is it the same for pupils at vocational schools or do they continue with the dance side of school until the full end of term.

Don't know what made wonder really.......the thought just popped into my head for some bizarre reason so I thought I'd ask. I hope they do get some post exam rest.

At my dd school academics slow down for every school year and they concentrate on rehearsals for summer shows. They usually have a year outing as a treat too.

Edited to add year 11 and graduates have their prom to look forward too as well.

Edited by Jane
  • Like 1

Can only speak for year 13 - DD was in school right up to the production mid July. No exam leave - she was either in an exam, in class or in a rehearsal for the most part. Some students had breaks during the day (which they don't normally) as some of the numbers in the production were selected students only. This year my DD has already had prom and her graduation but again is still basically in school in class or rehearsals until the end of year production.

DS Had 1 GCSE last week, the rest is taken up with class and summer show rehearsals. Even with 2 GCSE exams on the same day, dance Class continued.

Now there is no academic and a 'lie in' each day, but lots of dancing. He actually said last week was exhausting! (Not a word I heard him use during revision and Exam time...) They have a prom, as some are leaving at the end of year 11 to go to various places.

• Like 2