Creaking pointe shoes??

Legseleven

DD is wearing her first pair of Bloch Serenade strong shank and loves them. However, they are creaking very noticeably when she rolls up onto pointe - she has had them for just under a month and is currently doing RAD Advanced 1 classes plus unset classes, with pointe work of about 2 hours per week. 

She says they don't feel as though they are softened to breaking point but the noise is worrying (although it can be relied upon to lighten the mood of the class if required!) and as she hasn't had Serenades before, she is concerned that the noise may be the harbinger of doom in terms of the shoes suddenly breaking. 

Given her history of killing shoes very quickly, this wouldn't surprise either of us - they have already outlasted most other shoes she has tried - but I wondered whether anyone else had had this creaking from these or other pointe shoes and can confirm whether the end is indeed nigh...

Dd had this with a pair of Blochs (Jetstreams, if I remember rightly; it was a few years ago) and they were indeed on their way out. However, she does have the odd pair of Freeds which creak a bit and they don't seem to break any more quickly than the non-creaking ones. As you say, the noise is funny!

Can you get the creaky Blochs checked by a good fitter?

• Like 1

I have no experience of the shoes you are talking about but I have had this issue before with shoes. I used to wear Sansha and they were mostly fine but I did have the odd ones that creaked for no apparent reason! It didn't seem to affect the lifespan of the shoe or nor indicate that the shoe was dying.

• Like 1