Hammond Academic tests

Willow04

Apologies for asking this question again but can anyone who has been offered a lower school place at The Hammond confirm if the Maths & English papers have been sent to your child's school yet? My dd has still not done them and I am getting slightly worried as the offer letter does state the offer is "provisional pending satisfactory academic results".

She has been offered places at two other vocational schools and I don't want to decline their offers and lose her place if there could be a problem with Hammond. Does anyone have any thoughts? I'm sure she will be fine with the academic side by the way but just don't want to take any risks!

Tring offer is for Theatre Arts course which we still like the sound of but wanted to wait until after Hammond & Elmhurst finals before making a decision. Tring have said if we don't accept by tomorrow her place will be offered to someone on the waiting list. Honestly do not know what to do!

We couldn't afford to register for Tring and weren't fortunate enough to secure an MDS awarded place  :( so we sent a letter pretty much straight away to say it was well out of our financial realm without funding. Does anyone know the kind of numbers for the Hammond? How many will be there Monday and for how many places? I know there were rumours of both numbers prior to Tring finals but I haven't seen or heard anything regarding Hammond numbers......Although maybe sometimes the not knowing is better! 

Have decided this vocational school lark is extremely stressful!

If you would prefer a more dance based course then I would be inclined to stick with Hammond, as it has been offered, and also Elmhurst if that is offered. Hammond won't take the offer of a place away now next week is just for funding.

Good luck!!

Oh Willow that's so difficult! Obviously all of the schools want to secure the students they want, but it doesn't make it easy on the children or the parents having to make decisions! Good luck with whatever you decide! 

Thank you both. Tring have actually been extremely patient so I was expecting this to happen. Just hoped it would be after all the other results were in and we could put all options in the table. Feel slightly sad turning the Tring offer down as I know they are like gold dust and apart from the course not having quite enough dancing for dd we loved everything about the school.

My daughter got her work sent through to her school very late after Easter I think.  I don't think you should worry too much about the school work they are looking for talents in dance and MT.   If she/he goes to The Hammond they do take work seriously once they are there and the teaching so far has been very good.

• Like 3