New Director for ENBS - Samira Saidi

Just looking at Dance Tabs and expressing surprise that no-one on this board has commented on Samira Saidi being appointed as the new Director of Dance at ENBS:

http://www.dancetabs.com/2012/05/english-national-ballet-school-samira-saidi-is-new-director/

I well remember Samira Saidi as a dancer at BRB (I will never forget a big top performance in Lancaster with Samira and Kevin O'Hare in Giselle - it was the first time I was reduced to uncontrollable sobs in a ballet performance). I know since her retirement from performance that she has become very respected as a teacher and we very much enjoyed the Elmhurst students performing some of her choreography at the annual evening of music and dance at Symphony Hall.

BTW - are ex-BRB dancers taking over the world???

Good luck to Samira in her new job

• Like 2

Only hadn't commented because we were waiting for the news to break officially Janet :D and then by the time it did we'd probably all talked about it between ourselves, if you see what I mean.

My son thought it was funny that I was a bit slow on the uptake on this bit of news - it was "out" at Elmhurst for a couple of days before I knew ;)

Anyway - huge congratulations to her - I suspect she'd have liked the Elmhurst AD job so this is great timing and means she'll have more opportunities to see her son perform with ENB! I've never seen Sami dance but have known her since ds went to WL as our boys were in the same year, and when my ds had to leave and went to Elmhurst she was lovely.

Only hadn't commented because we were waiting for the news to break officially Janet :D and then by the time it did we'd probably all talked about it between ourselves, if you see what I mean.

My son thought it was funny that I was a bit slow on the uptake on this bit of news - it was "out" at Elmhurst for a couple of days before I knew ;)

Anyway - huge congratulations to her - I suspect she'd have liked the Elmhurst AD job so this is great timing and means she'll have more opportunities to see her son perform with ENB! I've never seen Sami dance but have known her since ds went to WL as our boys were in the same year, and when my ds had to leave and went to Elmhurst she was lovely.

Yes, huge congratulations to Sami, I am sure that she is the breath of fresh air ENBS needs!

I did see her dance and was quite a fan so it was strange making beds together when our sons first went to WL! I agree with Julie that she is lovely. And hopefully ahe will bring her additional experience of motherhood to the role!!

• Like 2

I have only just seen this and I think it's really good news. I have never seen her dance but she seemed to have a good reputation as a teacher at Elmhurst and she also taught RBS senior associates with Marion Tait at Birmingham for a while.