New Online Dance Blog/Magazine

Sim

Works perfectly and found your blog about Manon really good ......Thankyou

You've persuaded me to definitely book Muntagirov in Manon next time if opportunity arises......and Muntagirov with Cuthbertson as Manon would be perfect in fact!!

• Like 1

I do like your first page format - it's inviting.  The short introductory "pickout" paragraphs invite further reading.  And - I like your first sentence:  "Some men are beautiful."  That captures the attention of the reader.  The first sentence is very important but, then, that importance has to be substantiated - which you did!

In addition to an occasional review for Ballet.co,,  I write for two publications on a regular basis.  One is a monthly (online and hardcopy) and the other is weekly (online).  The monthly publication has a strict word limit (350-400) whilst the weekly publication allows me all the room I desire.  However, I limit myself to about 700 words (often less) because many readers - for many reasons (time, eye fatigue, etc.) feel overwhelmed when a really lengthy article - a full page on a computer screen comes up.  

It is not unusual for me to use the same article for both publications.  I am not plagerizing myself, the publications are aware of this and approve.  

It is an interesting exercise - and very instructive to the writer - to take a 700+ word article and edit it down to 350-400 words without changing either the general import as well as the particular ideas one wishes to convey.  The writer becomes aware of which words and sentences are central to the information or opinion one wishes the reader to know.  

As I heard someone say once:  "It doesn't have to be eternal to be immortal."  Don't be afraid of brevity.

• Like 2

Gosh, I go away for a few days and all change!! I have just had a look at the new-style format and I really like it. It draws the reader in, then allows him/her to see very easily what the previous posts have been about. Keep on going with this; I really enjoy reading what you write...and I'm not biased!! I think that with everyone's suggestions and ideas, as well as your own (and of course your writing), you will end up with one of the best blogs around.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is the latest addition to Julia's blog.....her views on the importance of partnerships in Onegin, and what she thought of the ones she has just seen during the Royal Ballet's recent run of the ballet.  Any comments or further suggestions from readers will be much appreciated!

http://tothepointemagazine.wix.com/tothepointemagazine

I have also posted the link on the Onegin thread, but I am hoping that some of our younger readers and aspiring dancers will have a look too.