Practice tutus

mel

DD is off to school in September and they have been told to get a practice tutu.  Recommended is Grishko - it's absolutely beautiful - but we can't really afford this along with all the other expenses.  Can anyone give recommendations of something more - ahem - budget?  I have heard both positive and negative about Bloch - and I think my knowledge kind of stops there...

Advice, as ever, gratefully received :-)

• Like 1

Dd has a Bloch one. As the layers don't come stitched together you will need to do this and dd needs to be in it as you do it. Took a while but you have a captive audience for a great conversation. How much was the Grishko one if you don't mind me asking?

• Like 2

The Grishko at BalletPro (link from Grishko site) is £240.  We have no local shops - would probably be online.  I have stitched the Bloch ones together before but that would be the extent of my ability.  Feel free to pm any shop addresses!  Thanks for advice :)

Would recommend the proffesional practice tutu from just ballet! It's 8 layers and comes fully tacked so it's amazing at keeping it's shape. I had mine for summer school and couldnt be happier with it. Very reasonable price for the quality too just 44.99! All the staff in the shop are very helpful so if you have any problems online just give them a ring and they'll give you all the help you need! Here's a link to the webpage http://www.justballet.co.uk/shop/tutus/just-ballet-professional-practice-tutu-/

Thank you ana - I looked at it before but wondered about it because I couldn't feel it or see it move (perils of the internet) - this advice is just what I needed.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I do appreciate it.  (I think Jojo has had a few pms now ;) )